Saturday, March 8, 2014

A New Friendship

When I was pregnant, Adam and I happened into a store that had the cutest little random sock monkey for sale. As soon as I saw it, I wanted it to be ours for our new little baby to one day toddle around with. Adam said I was silly and it was time to quit buying so much stuff for our future child.

A few days later, I was surprised with a gift of my beloved sock monkey from my thoughtful husband. Since then, it's remained perched on Adly's bookshelf in her nursery. Lately, one of her favorite things to do has been to look up and "talk" to things around her room. Her favorites are her doggy and alphabet paintings. Yep, until she's old enough to scoop the poop, her only pet doggy will be in the form of a painting.

Anyways, today she pointed out the monkey. So I brought it down and held it in front of her. She was fascinated by it, so I sat her down next to the monkey and began shooting away. What I got was the forming of a new friendship. She's not in daycare so the girls got to have some kind of friend, right??













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis