Thursday, March 13, 2014

Moving Day

It's official. We gave our notice, our landlord agreed, and promptly filled our very humble little abode. Done and done. We are moving.

I've wanted out of this apartment since last June when we resigned our lease. It is way, way too small for three of us. It was almost too small for two of us. But when it came time to re-sign last June, I was 8 months pregnant, hot as hell, and very closely resembling the Kool-Aid man busting through walls. I was in no condition to go through the strife of moving. So we stayed put.

When we were engaged, looking for a new apartment to start our married life in, we loved this place. On one cold April night, we raced over at 7pm to see it, saw it with two other couples, raced home to fill out the application and raced back to the landlord to beat out everyone else. And we got it.

This apartment was our first home as a married couple. I spent hours and hours on the floor crafting projects for my insane DIY wedding here. We housed a dear friend of ours for a few weeks when she was making a life transition. We called ourselves Three's Company. She got to be Chrissy. I had to be Janet. I'm not bitter, I swear.

We got married living here. Eight weeks later I sat in this bathroom peeing on a stick while praying that I wasn't pregnant because I wasn't ready, we had just gotten married, I wanted to go on my honeymoon still, there was no way....

Three tests later, well, we all now know what happened.

It was in this apartment that we called all four of our parents and all four times got to tell them at 11pm on a weeknight that we were pregnant! We cried, we laughed, we celebrated.

It was here that I spent 9 months living the roller coaster that is pregnancy. Dreaming and wondering what our little offspring was going to be like, if it was a boy or a girl, what it would look like. It was also here that I painstakingly crafted, created, and purchased all the items for her nursery.

This apartment is where our daughter was born. It's where she has spent the first 8 months of her life. It's where she learned to roll, sit, smile, giggle, and babble.

But we've outgrown this first space. And so it's time to move on. I'm so happy to have had all of these firsts here. It was the perfect first apartment for our family.

So now we're off. On to bigger and better spaces to make new memories. As a family of three, a few blocks away from our first family "home".

At least we've got help moving this time. Get to work, smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis