Thursday, June 12, 2014

11 Months


Adly is bursting into her last month of infancy babbling away. The girl is a Chatty Cathy. She doesn't. Stop. Talking. But hey, right now it's fun, right?! Even more fun is learning to decode what it is she's saying. Here is a translation guide to understanding Miss Adly Daniele at 11 months:

"Nye nye"= night night
"Daaaaaa daaaaa"= bottle
"Daaaaaa daaaaa"=bear bear
"Tee tee" = pretty
"Gaaaa gaaaaa"= big girl
"Ka-ka"= car 
"Oooooh"= anything interesting to her
And best of all, "mama"= me!

She's hugely into imitating at the moment and will usually attempt to say almost anything to tell her to repeat. It's simply fascinating to see how much she is soaking in right now as her understanding of language begins to develop and she attempts to involve herself in it. Speaking of imitating, a few weeks ago, Adly started touching my belly. We had a moment where we talked about bellies and patted mine then hers, saying "belly". I tried asking her the next day where her belly was and she ignored me. I figured it was lost in the mix or just too far above her for the moment. Well tonight while we were laying in bed she again touched my belly and I said, "belly". To which she started patting her belly and saying "baa baaa" (belly, I'm guessing), just like she had the last time we talked about it a few weeks back. So incredible how much they remember! 

She also loves hearing the alphabet sung to her and then will "sing" along to it after you sing. I was able to capture this the other day as she played in her crib. 


The world according to Adly is quickly getting much bigger as she crawls, pulls up, and scales along the couches and chairs. Just before turning 11 months, she also began surfer-style attempts at standing alone. We were surprised by this, and she was quite pleased with herself: laughing and clapping away after the attempts. As much as I'm not ready for it, walking is right around the corner.

Her three top, front teeth are plowing through right now and we've been met with a lot of food strikes and general fussiness. Thankfully the super cute angry face is slowly disappearing and my meanie child is returning to her former lovely self with only a random angry face every so often. 

In the last month we've been dealing with skin issues. Her skin is so, so sensitive. Since the time she was born we've been through a lot of trial and error to find products that can work for her. Lately, the problem has been with her poor bum. The girls got terrible diaper rash that just can't seem to be healed. We've tried a handful of creams to no avail. The latest attempts have been lots of nakey time to air out her goodies. This is funny because the sensation of being nakey must be pretty freeing, and for Adly, evoke the need to tinkle. Like a puppy, she tends to pee pee all over when this time comes. So now I've taken to laying out her changing pads to help prevent any more "accidents". This nakey time seems to be helping, but we still aren't cured. Hopefully we get it in order sooner than later.

And with that we head into her last month of her first year. I just can't believe it's almost here. Excuse me while I do everything in my power not to cry my way through the next month as my baby gets ready to turn 1.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis