Monday, December 10, 2012

Pregnant....not hungover


This is what my entire weekend has looked like....during the day. At night, A and I have been all over town celebrating the holidays. Starting on Friday with my work holiday party and on Saturday with a Christmas Trolley. As soon as reality set in that we were pregnant, one of the first things that hit me was: how am I going to get through the holiday madness without drinking!?!

By that I don't mean "OH MY GOSH I CAN'T DRINK?!" I mean, my friends and I enjoy our share of cocktails, wine and Miller Lites...its going to be blatantly obvious if I'm just "not drinking tonight" over and over again. So began operation "Lets fool everyone into thinking Kelly's drinking". This operation revolved around drinking "vodka" mixed with soda water, ginger ale and La Croix over the last few weeks. Discreetly filling my glass with just the mixers and sometimes adding a sliced lime in the cup to keep nosy people out of my way. As one of my friends who we told early on stated, "You're going to deserve an Academy Award after these last few weeks". And I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm a-ok with the not drinking thing. It honestly sounds gross to me at this point. But what exhausting is faking it. I find that to be the most miserable experience of all. I'm so much louder and more obnoxious when I'm drinking...unfortunately now I'm totally aware of just how obnoxious I have to act just to fit in. In addition, I also happen to be the worst dancer known to man since the Elaine on Seinfeld made her debut. Normally, liquid courage allows me to flail my arms and legs to and fro with such reckless abandon I've been known to knock anyone within a 4 foot range off their feet.

This was put to the test twice this weekend in which my moves made their debut, sober style. A got a kick out of it of course and continued to snap pictures left and right to truly capture the moment. This beauty is from my work party Friday night. Pure class.


After all this "partying", I'm completely worn out. So in order to recover, I've been doing what the drinkers do....moaning and groaning all day on the couch watching trashy reality TV. Only I'm not hungover, I'm pregnant. To really take the hangover feeling up a notch, this Sunday has also been my first bout of real "morning sickness". I am so not ready for that. Although, it has really helped to justify my lazy hangover ways the last two days.

Keep calm and fake party on!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis