Thursday, December 20, 2012

And the surprises keep on coming....

So our first ultrasound was today. This was us before we walked into the Dr's office. A combination of terrified and excited. If you read the previous two posts, I was clearly a nervous wreck. It was a tough week to say the least. I'm not sure I've ever been so worried about anything. But, as of today, my fears were put to rest.

Introducing, Baby Bway!


If you've seen an ultrasound before, then you can probably guess from the image of our little peanut that we are not 7 weeks along as we previously thought. It was supposed to be the size of a blueberry...a blob of some sort. Nope, its a full human at a whopping 10 weeks! As I mentioned in a previous post, I had to have bloodwork done on Monday to check for my HCG levels- to ensure the pregnancy was progressing as it should. I was supposed to follow up with another one on Wednesday--looking for an increase in numbers. Well, the fabulous nurse called me at lunch to tell me my hormone counts were so high, there was no need for further tests. We were definitely pregnant and healthy. A took this to mean "its definitely twins!!" Nooooo way was my reaction to that thought. Turns out, the counts were so high because we were so much farther along than we thought.

I went to Catholic schools all my life. I'm happy for the education I received and the friends I made. What I clearly did not leave with though, was very much sex education. Let me tell you, in the last 8 weeks I've felt dumber than a 16 year old on MTV's 16 and Pregnant. At 30 years old, I had to laugh out loud at some of the questions we asked our doctor. (Don't worry, she laughed too...and at one point had to give a look of "man, I just feel bad for these two").  We're utterly clueless. Now there isn't any wonder as to how we got pregnant on accident.

Anyways, it looks like we sealed the deal on our bundle of joy sometime around the end of October. A true "honeymoon" baby and we couldn't be more excited. Holding A's hand watching our baby on the screen and hearing its heartbeat has been by far the most magical moment of my life.

We can't wait to meet you, Baby B!!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis