Thursday, December 5, 2013

Touchy Face

Adly's latest discovery has been the realization that those things that flail all around her regularly can be controlled to actually move and touch things. And when she touches those things, she can feel them. How cool is that?!

She started out by grabbing things I'd dangle over her. Even this simple act is neat to watch, as she slowly brings her hands up together and touches the object each time. You can see the gears turning in her head as she makes contact with her hands, that what she is feeling is what she is somehow touching.

Then she began touching my face. As usual, I had to fight back tears the first few times she did it. She was standing on my lap the first time it happened, face to face with me. The look on her face of pure curiosity as she brought up her hands and slowly touched my chin was priceless. Then her hands slowly traveled to my cheek. Then to my nose. And to my mouth. 

Now she loves investigating different faces of all different people, but of course I'm still the favorite. At least that's what I tell myself. The photo below was taken by our cousin Emily randomly on a Saturday evening. It's a display of her beautiful curiosity that is now captured forever. And it's moments like these that make me want time to slow down, wishing I could remember every second of this journey.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis