Tuesday, December 10, 2013

5 Months

I'm 5 months today!!

-Big Girl Food! At four and a half months on the day after Thanksgiving, we introduced Adly to oatmeal cereal. She loved it and has since thoroughly enjoyed anytime she gets to eat "real people food". She knows the chair she eats in, knows her bibs, knows her spoon and ladybug bowl. It's so cute to see her acknowledge when it's time to eat. She does this by excitedly kicking and holding out her hands ready to eat. Miss independent also likes to try to grab the spoon and do it herself.



-Spit Up. This month has also brought on the spit up. For most of her short life, Adly hasn't been much of a spitter-upper. I think the combination of adding cereals and sitting up more has attributed to this. I'm not looking forward to the colorful pukies that will be coming once we start incorporating real foods.

-Roll Over, Roll Over. Also over Thanksgiving weekend, Adly began rolling over from her back to her tummy. She's now an expert at it and does almost every time she is placed on her back. The problem is, once she gets to her tummy, she doesn't know what to do with herself. Her inability to move just yet brings on the frustration and tears pretty quickly. But, we're getting there.
Happiness before the frustrations.

-Reach Out. Adly has also started to reach out her arms when she sees mom or dad coming, asking to be picked up. The only problem with this unbelievably cute act is that I can never say no to it. This has brought on a bit of the clingy-ness again. But that's ok for now.

-Back to Work. This is my last month at home with Adly. I'm looking at it with the most optimism I can. I know I'm unbelievably lucky for getting to stay home as long as I have. Therefore, I'm trying to soak in every last second while I can and enjoy our mommy and Adly time to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis