Sunday, October 27, 2013

Whooo-Whooo!

Halloween.

A time when everyone gets to be someone they're not. For most girls, it's a time when they get to be the slutty pirate they've always dreamt of. For most boys, it's a time to live out that comic book fantasy of being able to fly and destroy people with lasers.

I greatly dislike halloween. I know, it's terrible. It has always been such a pain for me to come up with a costume. Don't get me wrong, I lived for it as a kid and in college I slutted it up with the best of them. But as I've gotten older, dressing up has just become a drag. To help myself deal with this awful holiday, I've begun coming up with costumes that allow me to attempt to get away with 'dressing up' but not really dressing up. Last year, I threw on a red turtleneck and some red lipstick. Viola! I was the Target lady. The year before, I borrowed my husband's Brett Favre jersey and went as a Packer football player. All this just to fit in with Halloween aficionado's everywhere and not have to be questioned all night, "Why didn't you, like, dress up!?"

Now I have a child. Uuugggghhhh.

That's right. I guess I have to start enjoying halloween on some level. At first I balked at the idea of getting a costume for Adly. I mean, she's 3 months old. She could give two shits about what she's wearing unless it's uncomfortable. More than likely, the whole time she's wearing the thing she's going to be pissed as hell at me. But I caved anyways. And boy, did I ever cave.

I found the cutest darn Halloween costume ever. (Of course, it's from a chain so there will be millions of other kiddo's in it whose parents will be convinced their child is the cutest ever). But who cares. She's my cutie.

Here's the cutest little owlet there ever was. Oh and that brown thing holding her? That's the tree she lives in. See what I mean? Easiest costume possible.


I'm gonna fly away, mommy!


2 comments:

  1. She is the cutest little owl I have ever seen... as I said the other night at book club, what a 'hoot' ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with words, McKee!! ;) And of course, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis