Monday, February 24, 2014

Date Night Out

A few weeks ago, I looked down at myself in the same sweatshirt I wear every night and the same leggings I wear every night and my ratty slippers I wear every night. I then looked over at my husband sitting across from me on the couch staring at the TV in the same sweatpants he wears every night in the usual t-shirt he wears every night. And then I said to myself, "Self....you need to get OUT. And so does that hot hubby of yours." So I dragged my ratty-slipper-covered foot over and rubbed it against my husband's toes to get his attention. I know, I'm a pro in the romance department.

Once I had his attention, I brought up the idea that we needed to get out of the house for a night. Time to get all razzle dazzle and hit the town, without our beloved daughter in tow. He jumped at the mention of a date night and we immediately texted our trusty sitter to lock in a Saturday night out.

Back in the day, pre-child, one of our favorite date night out traditions was to go to a quaint little greek restaurant by our house that is BYOB. It's one of those places where the tables are all too close together but that usually leads to meeting fun random people as you guzzle your respectable bottles of wine and eat your delicious food. From there, we would always bar crawl our way up and down the street by our house and then stumble home. We haven't done that in ages and for whatever reason, we were both itching to get out and just get drunk...just the two of us.

Of course, these days, neither of us have the tolerance we used to, so we knew it would likely be an early night. Our sitter came and we headed out. The night was fantastic and just what we needed. We ate, drank, and wandered the streets in the falling snow holding hands. I miss "dating" my husband and it was a nice reminder that we can't forget to take time out for us too.

Even if these days, our stamina only keeps us going until oh, I don't know.....10pm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis