Friday, May 23, 2014

A Day for Me

Mother's Day.

Suddenly this year, Mother's Day took on a whole new meaning. Last year I was pregnant. The day was spent recognizing all the mom's in my life but to be honest I just didn't "feel" like a mom yet. This year started out that way again. I honestly forgot about the day until my co-worker and dear friend Kari mentioned making something with her students. Oooops! Good thing I have her to remind me of such important events.

This year, my in-laws came down Saturday night to celebrate Mothers Day. All of them were so thoughtful and brought random gifts for my "first" Mothers Day. Adly even helped her aunt Nora and great aunt KK make a pot with her footprints in the shape of a butterfly. So cute!


To celebrate the actual Mother's Day, Adam and Adly had me open the gifts they shopped for which included some new sunglasses and a locket necklace bearing a picture of the three of us. We then headed out to dinner to celebrate. This was a big deal because it was the first time I was out of the house in weeks with the family and in a gasp! public place! But I hobbled my way in and out of the restaurant just fine.

The best part of the day was watching my ever-growing daughter ham it up with everyone in the restaurant. She has become such a personality in the last few months and to see her in a public setting blew me away. From the moment we were seated, she began pounding on the table, talking away. She immediately caught the eye of the owner and a few waitresses. She loved catching their attention, grinning, giggling, batting her eyes, and soaking in all of their coos towards her. She also had a great time smiling and grinning away at everyone seated next to us. Such a little charmer.


I'd say my first real Mother's Day was definitely a success. A big thank you to my amazing husband and family for all the loving gifts, flowers and cards. I certainly felt extra special this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis