Wednesday, August 28, 2013

10,000!

Wow. We've hit a milestone here at Bottles and Blunders. Over 10,000 page views!!

That means I spent a hell of a lot of time clicking on my blog while I was pregnant. Thankfully I did it then because I just don't have the time these days to keep up such work.

In all seriousness, what a cool feeling! I started this as a way to document my pregnancy. A journal if you will....albeit a very public journal. Not like the secret one with a lock, that you hide in the back of your underwear drawer, that your mom read when she put away your underthings, but a wide open journal.

As I wrote more and more, I began to realize how much I missed writing for fun. Funny, I teach my little students year after year how writing is FUN! Yet as an adult, I seemed to have just stopped writing for myself, for fun. This blog has been an excellent outlet for those creative juices to flow and at times, even theraputic. Writing is something that I was definitely missing, even though I didn't realize it right away. Throughout this blogging adventure, I've also used it as a way to offer advice to other preggos and new mommies. My hope is that it's advice that can be taken with a grain of salt...only if you want it or need it. Nothing worse than having someone shove information down your throat, telling you you must do something. I can't tell you how many times a day I google, text, call, or pick up a book to find out the answer to something. I know nothing when it comes to babies and to me there is no better way to find out answers than by asking. So if I've made that information easier to find for one or two people, then that's just fabulous.

I'll step off my soapbox now, but I really just wanted to say a big thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read my words and ramblings. I hope a post or two I've written has made you laugh or even helped you in some way in your own life adventure....or at the very least made you say, "I'm glad I'm not her today."

Let's be honest...I just wanted an excuse to put a picture of this muffin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis