Friday, August 23, 2013

Guess what!?!

Hey everybody....guess what. Being six weeks old is the PITS!

I had heard from multiple people and sources that around 6 weeks, wee ones tend to hit some sort of a growth spurt, complete with regression, devil reincarnated episodes, etc. My sweet pea is so far nailing this stage on the head.

Fussy wussy is her new nickname. Hey why you fussing!?! 

Of course she can't tell me. She just glares at me, punches me in the face, sticks her tongue out at me, and continues with her wails. So I try everything. Change the diaper, bop around the house, paci, snuggles, silly faces. She responds to all if the above by sucking the life out of my arm, my shirt, my neck (ever had an infant hickie??), all ways of not so subtly telling me, "I WANT THE BOOBIE!!!!"

Prior to six weeks, I had gotten our little hungry monster in a pattern of eating every two hours or so during the day, thanks to the paci. It was at least long enough to recover and make more milk. But now, at six weeks, we're back to being hungry every minute of every day. Cluster feeding or snacking is what the experts like to call it.

The second she comes off, she's making hungry gestures at me, trying to crawl her way back down to the boobie. I put her down, she cries. I hold her, she cries. Her sleep patterns are all a mess and together we are both a couple of cranky pants.

Thankfully, I have veteran moms around the world (well, just around here) cheering me on, promising me, IT GETS BETTER! Let's hope so, because this momma has had enough of being a personalized all day buffet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis