Thursday, August 29, 2013

Smile.

I've been waiting and waiting for validation that I'm doing something right in this world of mommyhood. In my mind, that validation was going to come in the form of a smile from my offspring. Not a fart smile or a poop smile...but a real, genuine smile.

Tonight, out of the blue, I got one. Adly was a major sleepyhead after not getting in a good nap all day. So we let her sleep. As she finally started waking up, her daddy and I were hovering right over her talking to her and kissing her to attempt to wake her up.

And that's when this happened:




They're blurry because I was freaking out as it was happening, but I got them nonetheless. And now I have it. Validation.

Even more validating? That big hole in her cheek that is a glaring stamp straight from her mommy. 

Gotta love those dimples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis