Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...

It's back to work I go....or I'm trying to....

This week, I was set to return back to work as a teacher to many little bitties. I absolutely love teaching and I've definitely missed it. But I do have to say, I also loved being able to stay home with Adly for six months more than I ever could have imagined.

The "back to work" behemoth mountain of dread has been looming for over a month as this ever-impending thing I knew was going to happen sooner than later. To be honest, it got to the point where I just wanted to get it over with. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans and sent us into an arctic blast for two days, therefore pushing back my start date. Two days in which thankfully the officials took notice of and decided that little ones shouldn't be walking to and from school in -40 something wind gusts. I have to say, I wasn't sure if all the hype was for reals. Then I bundled up and went outside to clean off my car the first day. Within 5 minutes, I lost feeling in my fingertips and my nostrils were frozen. This weather is no joke!

Either way, my leave has now been extended by an extra two days. Leading up to my return to work, I am convinced Adly sensed something was changing. Call it an instinct, call it crazy, but I swear she knew. This could've also had to do with a change in my own demeanor as well, but either way it melted my heart. In the last week, she has become much more clingy with mommy, developing this fast-paced breathing like she's going to panic every time I walked away from her. She has also started doing much more cuddling, nestling up under my neck and sucking her thumb. And then, the biggest thing, this Sunday she kissed me for the first time!

A big, open-mouth, drooly kiss from my almost 6 month old.

I cried. Or rather, I sobbed.

We were looking at each other in the mirror (her favorite thing to do these days) when I kissed her on the cheek. She then grabbed my face and planted a big fat one on my own cheek.

I came out of the bedroom crying and had to pass her off to daddy so I could collect myself. I kind of thought it was coincidental and maybe it had happened just to give me that extra push of, "It's ok, mama. I still love you. I'll be fine and so will you."

But then that night, she did it again....and again. Seriously, it's the best sendoff I ever could've received from my favorite little girl.

Mama loves you my little buggy boo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis