Friday, January 3, 2014

Daddy Daycare

I went into work yesterday to set up my classroom for when I return to work on Monday. Eeeek!

Adly will now be staying home with daddy for the next few months, entering into a real life Daddy Daycare. So we used the day as a trial run of what it will be like when mommy goes back to work. As promised, Adam sent me a picture in the middle of the day to show me what he and the munchkin were up to.

Let's just say, if this is what this winter is going to be like, I can't wait for the hilarity to ensue.

That's an oven mitt holding her arms down....

To help explain, Adly's favorite thing to do while eating these days is shove her right fist (the entire hand, if you will) and her left thumb into her mouth. She eats a spoonful of creamy puree, then puts the fist in the mouth to suck for a few seconds, then the thumb. She's probably showing early signs of OCD or her ability to create patterns. That's my girl!! But what you're left with is a huge mess when she's done eating. 

Apparently, today Adam came up with a new invention while feeding her by himself. To solve the problem of the fist and the thumb interruptions, he used an oven mitt from the kitchen to strap down her arms, thus creating a hands-free eating experience. 

I have to give it to him for the creative ingenuity it took to come up with that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis