Sunday, January 12, 2014

6 Months


Six months brought more big changes and they are happening at lightning speed! I just have to note that to kick off 6 months, Adly ever so kindly peed all over mommy at her doctors appointment. Thanks, my dear!

-Sitting. Adly is officially sitting up all on her own! This of course is a learning process that comes with many, many falls over as she learns how to balance herself. I found myself thinking the other day about how when we got home from our xmas travels on December 29th, I had her with me in her room sitting up while Adam unpacked the car. I couldn't leave her because she was toppling over within seconds of being let go. Fast forward two weeks later as she is turning 6 months and she can sit unassisted for good chunks of time. Soon enough we should be able to take down the pillow barriers that constantly surround her now. Those came after a handful of tumbles to the floor. Whoopsie daisies! Her latest move is to drop her toy, dive for it and then use those abs of steel to sit back up.

Doctor table paper is sooo fun.

-Eating solids. Adly is now consistently eating (pureed) solids 1-2x a day. Her favorite is still sweet potatoes with cinnamon. Yum! Her least favorite is definitely peas, but those are easily disguised within the sweet potatoes. Other favorites are pears and apples. Within the next few weeks we'll begin advancing to more "chunky" purees and then small bites! I don't know if I'm ready for this...
Neither is Adly....

-Nursing. We're still going strong with nursing at six months. This is something I was convinced was impossible oh...around 4, 8, 12 weeks. Back then I was setting goals by the day, even the week. "I'll nurse for one more week..." Over time it has become easier and easier. Now we have the hurdle of returning to work. I'm trying not to put pressure on myself to continue it, but I'm definitely not ready to stop. So I guess my next goal is, "as long as I can."

-"Swimming".  As Adly begins to make small moves towards crawling, she is now lunging forward from sitting position to end up on her belly. From there she "swims" with her arms and legs. But that doesn't get her anywhere and of course, brings on the frustration. It is really cute to watch though, at the expense of the happiness of our daughter. 

-That's Me!? Adly has enjoyed time in the mirror for quite a while. From what I've read, she didn't exactly know it was her- but it was someone her size. In the last few weeks, however, it appears she knows that's her in the mirror. She gets extremely excited to see herself and spends time looking at whoever is holding her there, then back at herself. 

-Babble. Her coo's have begun to turn into babbles in the last few weeks as well. She talks the most when she has a toy in her mouth (multi-tasking). But it's turned into a lot of different pitched ga-ga's and goo-goo's with some baa-baa's.

I am quickly learning why so many people mention they love months 4-9. She is so much fun and her personality is really starting to show. It is incredible how quickly she is changing and growing every day. Can't wait to see what's in store for us this next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis