Saturday, March 2, 2013

It's a......

Yesterday was a big day. Not only was it a big day, it was a sweet and memorable day for Adam and I. I took the day off and we started our day by heading to the doctors office to peek inside my belly one last time and find out who Baby B really is. Boy, was it ever a glimpse of our child.

The ultrasound lasts about 30 minutes. They check every body part and measure it as they go. In the waiting room, Baby B was doing karate in my belly making itself known to anyone within 4 feet. Maybe it has dance skills like its mother? One can only hope.

Of course, once we got settled in for our ultrasound, jelly on my belly and baby on the screen, Baby b decided it was nap time. And it was NOT going to budge. The poor technician tried poking, moving it from the outside, and turning me on my side. Nada. Oh, how I so adore our stubborn child. And wouldn't you know, while checking for its gender, it also decided to cross its legs. After much poking, prodding, and turning, they were finally able to get Baby B to move enough to get a snapshot of its goodies. The doctor tried like hell to also get a cute profile picture for us. While Baby B did make some adorable movements of the hand to its eyes and nose, this was the best facial profile picture we got. It is just the face. I feel that's important to reiterate since, after I texted it to my dad he reported back he was "trying to identify all the body parts". This was after I told him it was just the face.



After the doctors, we packed our bags for our "babymoon" downtown. Once we checked in, we couldn't wait any longer. So, we opened the card the technician had sealed away the info in and this is what we saw:


There it is, people! Adam now has two loves of his life.

After tears, champagne, sparkling pink lemonade, and some shopping, we got all done up and went to a late dinner. By late I mean, 8:30. We went to Del Frisco's steakhouse. I can't even explain to you just how badly I wanted a dirty martini. For some reason those are always the best at steakhouses. Instead, I had a mommy cocktail and bacon wrapped scallops. It was tasty and delicious. Adam of course celebrated with a meaty man steak and a few cocktails.


When we woke up this morning, our amazing babymoon continued with Adam getting to finally feel our little girls kicks for the first time. A memorable weekend at its best.

I leave you with a glimpse of how a romantic, memory filled day ends when you have a pregnant wife.


So much excitement to be had!!

Welcome to our family, you sweet, stubborn little girl. We love you more than words can describe.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. How exciting for you Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats awesome! Congrats you two :) So exciting :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. This put tears in my eyes! I am so thrilled that you guys will be blessed with a little girl. And I'm glad to hear she is healthy and that you are doing well. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I still remember that excitement at the news of having a baby girl! x

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis