Thursday, October 31, 2013

roll over, roll over....

Rolling over is a big milestone for little itty bitty's, and yesterday, mine finally accomplished such a feat!! I can't explain how happy I was. It's so exciting to see your little one achieve something that to their little body must seem so hard.

As with all milestones, there is no specific time any one baby might roll over. Some babies have the ability to roll over right from the start. Such as I, who was so angry my first night at home, apparently I rolled myself over in a fit of rage. So fitting. While my offspring appears to have the same tenacity, those thunder thighs clearly require a lot of strength to move. Therefore, it hasn't been much of a shock to me that rolling over has seemed to be of little interest to her.

As we were pushing our way through tummy time bootcamp I started to notice she was beginning to kick her legs over as if to roll herself over. So I took that opportunity to start showing her the world of rolling from tummy to back. She appeared to just enjoy the ability to suddenly be returned to her backside and would immediately start sucking her fist, unamused, amid my cheers.

Then last night, I put her on her tummy and as I was paying no attention whatsoever SHE ROLLED OVER. What the...!?!? Why is it that any time your not being a good parent (ie, staring at the TV, wrapped up in a Nicholas Sparks book on your phone, clipping your toenails...) something huge happens!? So of course, I put her back on her tummy and made her do it again. I just couldn't believe she actually did it without my help. And wouldn't you know, she did it again. And again.

When I frantically got out my phone to video it for her daddy on the FOURTH time, my phone decided it was too full. (Thanks to the OtterBox case, I still have a phone today). Minutes later, Adam walked in from work and of course at that point, Adly decided she'd had enough of her new trick and threw a fit. Such is life.

Today was a new day, and thus time to see if it was a fluke or if my little puppy daughter really had learned a new trick. And sure enough, she has.

Ignore the soccer mom cheers from the sidelines. 

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what is cuter... her or YOU! LOL... way to go, Adly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Notice how I yell, "WE did it!!" Stage mom in training...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis