Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Rug of All Rugs!

It has happened.

THE RUG IS FINISHED!!!!

This rug has been the bane of my existence since shortly after it began. I hate it when my husband is right, but he put it best when he said, "Sometimes projects you take on are just a little too much for what you can handle." I also have to mention, the only reason that rug is finished is because of that statement.

Hmph. Don't you tell me I can't finish something!

But whatever the case, it's finished! It is definitely not as big as I had hoped for. I just couldn't take it anymore. I did use up the last of the fabric I had ordered, so nothing went to waste. I can't even imagine how long it actually took me to make, but I know I put in a few 9 hour days. In the end, was it worth it? No. Definitely not. But, is it soft? Yes. Is it cute? Yes. So, it'll do until our wee one starts crawling around and I want to give her more of a plush space to crawl on.

So, here it is. The Rug. In all its finished glory.
Nice and soft.  

Sneak Peek! Fits perfectly under our rocker/glider. 

Advice for future moms/rug enthusiasts: go out and buy one. In the end, I spent roughly around what I would have for a rug this size. Two orders of fabric cost around $80, with the rug mat and binding tape the total came to around $95. Yes, there's the personalized factor, but that can come from other places in the room, if you ask me. If you're crazy enough to attempt it, good luck to you, you crafty maven you!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis