Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reading

These days, technology is all around us. Children are introduced to it from the start of their young lives both intentionally and unintentionally. But sometimes, in some cases, I think that technology can be a more of a hinderance than a help. I recently read an article about children learning how to read soley by reading books on iPads. I shuddered at the thought. We just can't get rid of books all together. To quote my favorite movie of all time, Elf, "But the children LOVE the books!"

We use many forms of technology in the classroom, including iPads. And I am all for it as a compliment to instruction, because technology is the way of the future and our children need to know how to best utilize it. But to learn how to read?! To me, there is nothing that compares to the power of a real, in your hands, feeling of turning the pages of a book. Especially when you are trying to introduce the magic of reading to a young child.

And what magic it truly is, that the simplest of books can invoke awe, wonder, and excitement in even the littlest ones.






1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. LOVE the pics to go with this. Do adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis