Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's a Flat...

Have you ever thought about what would happen if you were driving with your little bitty and you got a flat tire? I have. And today, I found out!

For the first time in my life, I didn't cry and I didn't call my dad. I know, I'm growing up so fast! Instead, I first looked up any auto repair places near me. The tire was completely flat so I knew I needed a tow. I then spent about 5 minutes cursing myself for not registering our new car with AAA. Adam and I just discussed it while on vacation. Go figure. Then my itty bitty started screaming. That's when everything got real fun. So I called my husband to figure it out. Hey, we can't all grow up too fast.

When all was said and done, we found a fantastic auto repair shop and they set me up with a tow truck. But what I wasn't sure of was, what do I do with the car seat in the tow truck? As you may remember, setting up the car seat was something of a small feat for me. Therefore, I haven't touched it since Judy secured that thing with all her might. I started to panic about having to take out the base and secure it into the tow truck seat. Then I asked the guy, "Can we just leave her in the car on the truck bed?" To which the gruffest tow truck man I've ever seen, stopped, glared at me and responded, "Seriously?! Umm no. She goes in the truck with us."

What he didn't understand was, I was serious. I was not about to undo the whole car seat, base and all. So without any further instruction from tow truck man, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I strapped Adly into her car seat and tossed her into the truck in the car seat. She seemed to enjoy her new sitting place and fell fast asleep--thank goodness. I then held on for dear life terrified that we could get in an accident and she wasn't locked in. But lo and behold, we made it around the two corners just fine.

So that's that. A short little outing turned into quite an adventure. Never a dull moment around here!

Upon initial investigation, it was thought to be a slash from a vandal who is clearly out to get me. According to the auto repair place it came from debris on the road. Whatever you say.....

Where the hell am I and WHY am I here MOM?!

1 comment:

  1. "Whyyy are we sitting in this dirty truck with this dirty man?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis