Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Date night!

This weekend, grandpa Dan and grandma Anita came down to visit from Michigan. Dad was really missing his grandbaby and after a phone call on Thursday, we decided to have them come down. Of course, there was a catch from my end.

If they came down, they needed to babysit Saturday night. Of course they jumped all over that opportunity as well. So Saturday rolled around and I whipped out my brand new breast pump that arrived on Friday. I don't know why but I was terrified of the thing. It seemed so complicated and overwhelming. You have to be so careful about sanitizing and setting it up, it seemed there were too many places for error. But, I knew mommy wanted to have a few glasses of wine so pumping had to be done.

Once I got everything set up, it really wasn't bad. It was actually quite easy in fact. I wasn't sure how much she actually drinks in a setting since I've never seen it in a bottle so I went ahead and pumped as much as I could. I filled up the bottles for her and then set about getting ready. It was the first time in quite some time I got showered and got ready for a date night- looking like my old self. Adam came home and got ready, we snapped a few pics like it was prom night, smooched our sweet pea and left a million instructions for my parents before heading out the door.

The whole time I was pregnant what I really missed was eating steak cooked to medium/medium rare- preferably with blue cheese smothered all over it. I was so looking forward to that meal so we decided to go to a restaurant by us with a mean filet and amazing bread to start. Love me some bread.

Dinner was amazing and we even made it all the way through without calling or texting home. After dinner we decided to go down the street to a wine bar for one more glass of wine. Being that we got pregnant immediately following getting married, we just haven't had a lot of nights like this as a married couple. It was so nice to be able to take two hours out for ourselves! If there is one thing that's important to me after becoming a parent, it's definitely maintaining my relationship with my hubs.

Looking forward to many more date nights with my wonderful husband and world's best daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis