Monday, July 1, 2013

38 Weeks

July...we made it!! It is now official that my daughter and I will share at least a birthday month. I haven't yet decided how I really feel about that. I mean, my birthday month has always been my birthday month. I'm not good at sharing.  However I have decided that this year, it's ok to let my birthday slide by, unnoticed. Her birthday can most definitely take precedence over mine this one time. You must also know, my reasoning for this is not selfless. Lets be honest, I want my body back. So any day now works for me!

With the 38th week comes the joy of what I'm referring to as the black hole of pregnancy. There is so much that is unknown about any individual birth that you're given a whole list of "possible" labor indicators and any one of those could mean this is it. To boot, at this time your body also begins experiencing little tidbits of these warning signs on the regular, which every time sends you into a panic of "is this it!?!" But it's not.

Some examples are, lower back pain, menstrual cramps, Braxton Hicks (which are now so regular and strong I can track them), "leakage" from your lady parts (well friends, this has been happening the entire pregnancy), and diarrhea or lots of pooing. I'm telling you- the pregnant life is where its at, ladies!

Another problem with this time is boredom. There's not a whole lot I can do anymore. Taking a walk is great, but it's hard to do with anyone else, being that my "walk" is maybe a mile and a half....not a whole lot to any average lady friend trying to get in shape. I can't go too far from home because "what if!?!" So instead, I sit and attempt to clean and make lists of daily tasks that I can do to keep myself from going stir crazy. Thankfully, this week is the 4th of July week which means a lot of my friends will be off work to entertain me. Yay for me!!

Here's the belly at 38 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis