Friday, July 19, 2013

blowout!

Once my preggo in crime, Laura had her little one, I made sure to get in touch with her about a week before Adly arrived to find out what items were "must have" in the newborn stage. Laura had a boy, but I figured the items would still be pretty useful to have, even though we were having a girl. One of her recommendations was to get a washable pad to put over the changing pad.

You see, you buy a changing pad, then a cutesy cover, then you get a washable pad to put over the cutesy cover. It really makes no sense to me and at the time I was like, "Ehh...I'll get two just in case." Being that Laura had a boy, I knew he had a tendency to time his number one movements for right when they were changing his diaper. Therefore, having a washable pad would be important for them. But our little lady would certainly never do such a thing.

Fast forward to two nights ago, when daddy took on changing duty. I hear him in the bedroom going, "Oh no! Yup...thats pee. Warm...all over my hand." Turns out our daughter took the time between diapers to tinkle. Of course this was no problem because all I had to do was wash the washable pad I had purchased. I whipped out the second one (they came in a 2-pack) to put on while the other was being washed.

Fast forward to last night, during our 4am feeding/change. My darling daughter chose that time to release a wicked number two. All over the pad. Sigh. Honestly, I was too tired to care so I chose to ignore it until this morning.

The purpose of this post is to inform and educate. Buy yourself and your child some washable pads to put on top of your cutesy changing pad cover. It'll save you having to wash the cutesy cover over and over again, whether you have a boy or a girl! Let the parenting blunders begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis