Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Great Sex Debate

No, Dad, you don't have to stop reading. Get your minds out of the gutter. I'm here today to talk about the debate we've been having the last week or so. Maybe not so much a debate, but more of trying to talk through both sides and decide on what to do. Finally, we've come to a decision.

A and I will be finding out the sex of Baby B on March 1!!

Its funny, we went into this saying absolutely no way we wanted to find out the sex. I'm not sure why, growing up I thought for sure I'd want to know once I got pregnant. It was just an idea that came to us easily and seemed to work for both of us. Then one day last week, A brought up the idea of maybe finding out.

I have to admit, until then, I hadn't even let myself begin to think about finding out. I knew if I allowed myself to think about it, the curiosity and desire for control would take over. So when A brought it up, I was kind of taken aback and a little nervous. I mean, did I want to let myself go there? To think maybe we would get a chance to know?!

After slowly talking about it more and more over the last week, we came to a mutual decision of agreeing to find out. Now I'm spilling over with anticipation and CAN. NOT. WAIT. I don't know how I wrapped my mind around not finding out for 10 months at one time.

Our reasons for deciding to find out were this:
-A will be in the height of his work season when Baby B comes into our lives and knowing ahead of time will give him time to let the idea of a girl or boy settle in and allow him to bond more.
-I agreed with the bonding part and am whole heartedly excited to start calling Baby B by its name we've decided on and not "it" anymore.
-I don't have to suffer through the last 5 months of pregnancy in wonder. And that my friends, was reason enough for me.

There are some people who feel strongly about not wanting to know Baby B's sex until its birthday, so I won't be discussing the sex on here...unless the cat really gets out of the bag. That way all 5 of my readers can continue to check in every once in a while.

For our big reveal, we're going to ask the doctor to write the sex in a card at the appointment. Then we're going to head downtown for the night and have a little "babymoon" of sorts enjoying the beautiful city we live in. We'll read the card together that night, have our own celebration and do everything in our power to not tell everyone that night what we found out. I'm excited to celebrate it together and have it be a moment for just A and I.

And lets be honest, I'm really excited to get the planning under way!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis