Sunday, January 6, 2013

Road Trip & Thrifting

This weekend, A and I went up to Milwaukee to visit our friends, Katie and Josh. On Friday night we had a fun night of Catch Phrase and catching up. Catch Phrase used to be a game that we all four couldn't play together. This was because A & I's competitive nature tends to get the best of us....and in games like Catch Phrase, its very easy to end up in World War III arguments. This time was different however, in that I was sober. Therefore it took no time for Katie and I to dominate the boys thanks to good communication and a clear head.

On Saturday, Josh & A went to work for a boys day of indoor golf. Katie and I set off to do some major "thrifting" to launch my first project for Baby B's nursery- the changing table. The first place we went had a dresser for $100. It was beautiful wood, but huge and more than I wanted to spend. As I was getting ready to head out I spotted a smaller 3-drawer dresser that looked good. I called Katie over to help me inspect the piece and we discovered that even better, it was made in the U.S. of A. This is something I've learned in my research is a good thing to find for baby furniture, however its often more expensive. Well this beauty only ran us $30. 


My plan is to put A and Uncle Mike to work when it gets warmer. I want to sand it down and then either stain or paint it a dark brown to match the rest of the room. I'll then add drawer pulls and a changing table topper I also plan to DIY. 

After a few more stops, Katie and I headed into good ole TJ Maxx. Of course here I wasn't looking for myself anymore. I had found my awesome find of the day. And of course, I found yet another one. I spotted this gem in the clearance section for $10. It's so exciting starting to see a theme come together in my head/in person. According to the scheme in my head, the main color will be green. Not only is it my favorite color, can work for a boy or girl being that we're not going to find out the sex of our little peach (Baby B's current size in my belly).


After all our shopping, I made Katie go back home so I could get in my afternoon catnap. She gratefully obliged. I'm learning people don't often argue with a woman who's packing a baby. That night we got all geared up for the big Packers game. We chose a place that suited the suburbia we were in- Buffalo Wild Wings. Thankfully, the Pack pulled through quickly so we headed home just after half time via Kelly's Preggo Express. (ie; sober taxi driver). I think I'm actually getting a hang of being in bars not drinking. If only I could stop peeing every 15 minutes and being exhausted by 10pm....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis