Saturday, January 19, 2013

This is life as I know it...


This is what my long weekend has looked like so far. The orange folder holds 3 hours worth of grading that I completed today. The rest is for tomorrow and Monday. I'm actually embarrassed at how far behind I am. Although, this is not unusual. I am an unbelievable expert at procrastination. Especially when it comes to things I don't like doing. And one of those things is grading.

I. dread. it.

So what do I do? Quarter after quarter after quarter, I procrastinate until the very last minute and spend a hellish week doing nothing but grading and getting all grades in by the skin of my teeth. Then I swear up and down that I will never, EVER procrastinate on grading again. And then it happens the next quarter...like clockwork. I'm so damn predictable.

Unfortunately, right now I find myself fearing how this will effect me next year. Next year, I won't just have A distracting me...I'll have a sweet little one. One who I'd much rather snuggle with, cuddle with, play with and give kisses to than do grading. What am I going to do? I'm starting to find myself asking how on earth working moms do it more than ever before. I know they do it all and I know I will too. It just seems like an idea that is so abstract right now I cannot wrap my head around it.

So for now, I sit in my pile of papers cursing myself for my procrastinating ways and yet again promising myself I will never, EVER wait this long again. Until next quarter of course.

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis