Friday, January 11, 2013

The one in which I do product placement for free.

Friday...its HERE!! Holy moly was this a long week. I wasn't sure I'd make it to this day. I spent a lot of my first trimester boo-hooing and worrying myself into a daily panic that something was wrong with Baby B for countless reasons, but the main one being: I just didn't feel pregnant. Deep down inside me I wanted to feel morning sickness so bad I threw up. I wanted to be so sick I had to stay home from school. I wanted to feel that maternal feeling of pregnancy. I guess to me, it was almost like the pregnancy initiation period. Don't get me wrong, I was sick a few times...just not nearly as bad as I swear every other pregnant woman has felt.

Lets fast forward to the 2nd trimester. The time I've been reading about for weeks- where every woman begins to feel amazing again after an awful first trimester. I swear in my mind it was going to be like waking up one day, sunshine shining on my head, birds chirping and fluttering around me. I'd bounce out of bed, my face glowing and with my energy abound I'd say to myself, "This pregnancy thing is AWESOME. I want to be pregnant all the time! I'm feeling that good!" (Seriously, this is the warped world my mind lives in).

Unfortunately for me, the second trimester seems to be payback for having an easy first trimester. Karma....you evil B. I'm beyond exhausted. I just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to sleep. And then there's the back pain. That ever present strain on my upper back. Thankfully, I have a friend who recently became a mommy who's been a wealth of information. The other day, I texted her late at night (8pm for me) to find out if she had any suggestions for relief. She texted back to look up something called the Snoogle. So I did immediately, read some reviews, mentioned to A that it looked cool and then went promptly to bed.

Well, today, at work a big package arrived for me. I tore it open only to find the Snoogle I had been looking up. Inside was no card. My first thought was honestly: "Did I buy this and forget I did??" (Believe me, thats not that unrealistic these days). Then my thought went to A. Sure enough, after I went to bed that night, he picked up where I left off reading the reviews and ordered it. He's always been a thoughtful guy, its one of the best things about him. (I on the other hand, play the role of the man...forgetting most important things and having to try really hard to be thoughtful). But since getting knocked up, he's gone even more above and beyond with the thoughtfulness. Anyways, here's hoping for a restful nights sleep tonight with my new Snoogle thanks to my amazing husband!


Additionally, another item I've come to love so far has been this belly band contraption. Excuse the poor self portrait in the mirror. I've never understood how or why people take pics like that of themselves in the bathrooms when they're all done up. Anyways, this was my attempt at that to show you how it works. Its purpose is to help extend the life of your regular jeans. You see, my pants here are unbuttoned. This way I can sneakily continue parading around in my regular old pants like they still fit. Or, better yet, as though I just ate a whole pizza and unbuttoned my pants and no one is the wiser. (Which I may or may not have done at lunch today). 


Yay for maternity goodies! Have yourselves a wonderful and relaxing weekend!! I, myself, will be catching up on sleep with my Snoogle, cheering on the Packers and eating lots of food. 

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis