Monday, January 28, 2013

Growing Pains

Baby B has been on the move. At least I hope whats going on. That little bugger has been causing me some serious stomach pains since last night. Its kind of a hard to describe pain, but I'll try anyways. Kind of like cramps, kind of like what I imagine contractions to be, kind of like when you try to touch your toes and your muscles in the back of your legs burn- only in your abdomen. Maybe its what it feels like when you get cramps from running- but I wouldn't know such a thing. I don't participate in activities that require a lot of energy and/or sweat.

I imagine my stomach muscles pulling and ripping and stretching all at once. Baby B is making its way out of its comfy little home nestled in my uterus covered by stomach fat and out into the world for all to see. Coincidentally enough, my pregnancy app sent me a notification today that said this:



Thank you, Baby Center! Now I know why it feels like my insides are going to come flying out at any minute. My little babe is on its way to doubling in size. Now I know why I wanted to curl up in a ball and whine my day away. (Have we figured out I'm a total wimp yet??) Note to self: seven year olds don't have much sympathy when you tell them your tummy hurts. So selfish, they are! Anyways, I guess this is all good news as I am FINALLY starting to get the bump I've been wanting. The bump that I am positive, as soon as I have it fully, I will be annoyed with and want it gone. Immediately. The bump that I keep telling myself I've been lucky to make it this far without.

Here is my little avocado's bump at week 16:


K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis