Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting, Waiting

Wowie Maui. If today was anything like what the rest of our Dr's visits are going to be like, I'm not excited. In one word I can describe it as: WAITING.

A and I went in at 7:30am to "pre-register". Then went to another office to have my blood drawn. More like, drained. Six vials later the lady was done. Then we went to another office. Signed in and waited. Then did paperwork. Then waited. Then went in to see a doctor. Then waited. Then waited. Then waited. One hour and twenty minutes later, they FINALLY called my name. It took all my might not to do the happy dance and shout, "Its meeee! Its meee! Its really, finally ME!!"

A and I went back into the ultrasound room and finally got to get another peek at our little one. The main purpose of this visit was to get actual dating on our babe and a due date. By now we all know I've been highly undereducated on the process of conception so Baby B's actual age has been somewhat of a mystery to us this whole time. (Side note: ladies, you will HAVE to know your first date of your last period over and over and over again throughout this process. If you do not mark it now and have any chance of getting knocked up, START NOW. It will save you so much trouble in the end!)

Anyways, back to our precious nugget. Oh, how its grown in two weeks!! It is just so mind numbing to think about the changes babies go through while in the womb. It truly is such a miracle. We got to watch it on screen for a while, and it even woke up to move around! We determined that Baby B is as of today 12 weeks and 3 days. Because of my not knowing the actual first day of my last period, our due date is somewhat conflicting. It appears we'll be due sometime between July 10-14th.

Anyways, Baby B was so excited to be woken up, it even put on a show for us. Fists up!! You can take this one of two ways: its putting on a show- fist pump style or our little feisty one was putting up its fists out of frustration from being woken up. Either way, I think its the cutest damn picture I've ever seen! What can I say, I'm biased.



In other news, on New Years Day my belly popped!! A claims it actually popped NYE...when I tried my damndest to squeeeeze into a gold skirt for our friends NYE party. (Mind you, this skirt didn't fit at 9 weeks). But hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman who is not ready to admit some clothes just don't fit anymore. So, A grinned and beared it as he put all his might into zipping the skirt 1/4 of the way up. I then took my nylons (which were beyond suffocating) and rolled them over the skirt to cover up the enormous gap the unzipped zipper was now causing. It was incredibly uncomfortable and I instantly regretted wearing it as soon as we arrived at the party. But of course, by then it was just too late. 

Anyways, NYD morning, I was still wincing from the pain of stuffing myself like sausage into my skirt so I decided to pull out my new maternity leggings. I pulled up the top stretchy part mostly doing it just to "see" what it would look like. Thats when lo and behold- I finally noticed my bump! It really doesn't look like much more than if I were just bloated or had eaten like crap for a week straight (which I have, therefore the reason I probably didn't notice it before). But to me, its something. In combination of seeing our little one on the screen- its all just so crazy to think how much and how fast its growing. 


Week 12:


2 comments:

  1. What a difference a few hours makes - I definitely see that bump! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks Katie!! Haha funny how now the stomach is exciting and I want it to be pronounced whereas 6 months ago I would've been wearing only baggy clothes to hide it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis