Sunday, March 31, 2013

Family Fun

This has been the best spring break ever. I'm so sad to see it come to an end. Having a trip to Phoenix, then Adam's surgery, a few days of nothing but relaxation and then family in town made one week feel like a few weeks. It was so what I needed.

Friday afternoon, my dad, his girlfriend Anita, my sister Caitlin and her boyfriend Pete all blew in to Chicago. We were excited to have them come as they haven't been here since last summer. Adam was excited to have some basketball watching pals all weekend long. As my dad told me Friday morning, "Today is about basketball. Tomorrow can be about you."

Friday night consisted of watching Michigan nearly get slaughtered by Kansas only to come back in overtime. This made the men in my life very happy.

 Auntie Cait feels first baby kicks!

Intensely hoping for a comeback. 

Saturday we went to Shedd's Aquarium. Adam had been holding six tickets for almost a year so we needed to use them. And if you read one of the earlier posts about Shedd's, you know all about Pete's obsession with the aquarium. Therefore, we knew we had to use the tickets while he was here, despite it being a Saturday and Easter weekend.

OMG was it ever people overload. We were all spent after an hour and a half but, we did it!

 Jellies!!

 Bucktooth fish...bucktooth Adam.

 First family trip to Shedd's!

Snuggles from Aunt Caitlin.

After Shedd's we shopped until we dropped. Literally. We all needed a major cat nap before we headed out for pizza at our favorite old stomping ground, Frasca. We got all gussied up and continued with the eating trend of the weekend. We even ran into our friends Pat and Lynae there! So good to see people out and about. I feel as though I've been living under a rock the last few months. 

 Dinner with sissy.

Mom and dad hope the baby likes pizza as much as we do.

Auntie Cait drinking for two...or three. 

To finish off our weekend, we headed out to brunch at the new, "best brunch ever!" spot we've discovered, Tweet. The food was as always tasty, but the bloody mary's were even better. Or so I heard. Here we finally got some good family pics to remember the weekend by. 

Babes and I brunching. 

 I can't believe my belly is this big. Neither can my dad.

 Hugs from sissy. 

With the world's best dad. (His favorite is on the right).

After all this excitement, we just couldn't stop the weekend there. Nope. Pregnant lady had plans to put together the crib grandpa Dan had purchased and she was not going to be stopped. So after I dragged everyone out of the fun bar at Tweet, we went home to begin disassembling our guest bed and assembling the crib.

It only took us putting it together, realizing something was wrong, unbuilding it and rebuilding it three times. Not to shabby, at least in my book. But then, I'm used to doing things incorrectly the first...second...and sometimes third times. Regardless of that, the crib is up! Her nursery is slowly but surely coming together. Won't be long and there will be a pink, snuggly, human being making herself at home in that room. I cannot wait!

 Grandma Anita and I tackling the front of the crib.

 Reading instructions. Believe it or not, mistakes are still made when instructions are read.

 Daddy putting in the last screw!

Baby B's crib, all ready to go.

Always fantastic to have family visit. Time flies by way too fast and before we know it the house is quiet again. This trip was filled with lots of baby talk, first baby kicks, baby furniture, and baby clothes. She sure is one loved little girl.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis