Friday, March 8, 2013

Belly Overload

This week has been a trying one, at best. I could sit and cry and whine and blah, blah, blah about how hard my life is, but I don't feel like doing that. I've had enough stressing and crying and complaining this week to last me a month.

Since I can't down a bottle of vino to cure my "long day blues", when I got home from work last night I suggested to Adam we go out to dinner. We decided to try a new restaurant by our house and get all gussied up for the evening. It was a good change of pace for a weeknight and just the stress reliever I needed.

I realize I'm getting bigger, but it hits me at random times. Yesterday I had stomach pains and cramps all day again like I was having a month ago. It's the growing pains of baby girl growing bigger and moving up in my belly. But because I see my belly every day, I just don't see much of a difference. And then I got dressed and ready for dinner tonight. I threw on my trusty preggo leggings which have become like a second skin to me and a sweater from my pre-preg days. It was a bit of a squeeze, but it stretched. And then I looked in the mirror. Woah.

A belly.

It's true. There is a baby in there. And she's growing.


Another piece of evidence proving her growth? This is a good one. When we got to the restaurant, I went to take off my coat. And as I untied the cute tie on the waist of the coat, the button that goes right where my belly hits when flying off. Like in the movies. Ping. All the way across the restaurant. Thank God it didn't land in someones soup. I live for these moments--anything to get a laugh. And at that moment, it was just what I needed.

Apparently she also really likes mussels, because she was doing barrel rolls in my stomach throughout dinner. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the feeling of an alien my baby flipping, kicking, moving her way around her apartment in my body. It's such a strange feeling, yet very cool at the same time. I imagine as she gets bigger, it will only get more interesting.

And with this post, my terrible, rotten, no good week comes to a close. On to much bigger and better things, like the weekend and a newly sewn on button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis