Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Summer...where are you!?

We headed out of town last Thursday....or should I say, high tailed it. I could not escape this awful winter weather any faster. I'm so over it.

Friday kicked off with Kendra and Marcus heading to work and Adam heading off to golf. That left me with a whole day to myself. Ahhh, the luxury! I decided to take Adam to golf so I could use the rental to be-bop around Scottsdale by myself.

I ended up stopping in some shopping centers and finding some ah-mazing maternity clothes for summer. I'm so thankful I got knocked up in a time when clothing companies have gotten their shit together and started making cute maternity clothes. No more of those muu-muu type outfits that Mrs. Roper used to wear in Three's Company.

Despite the advances, some people just don't like maternity clothes. This, I cannot figure out. I myself am loving the stretchy tops of pants that allow for all kinds of room in the stomach area. Shhh...don't tell anyone but I'll likely continue to wear them after baby joins us. They're just too comfy!

I even stopped into a little outdoor restaurant for lunch. The food was amazing and so was the people watching. Eating by yourself allows for totally uninterrupted creepy eavesdropping.

Nom, nom. Cucumber lemonade and quinoa mediterranean salad. 

Friday night we went to dinner at a local pizza place called Parlor. O.M.G. I cannot even describe how good the pizza was. I couldn't stop eating.  But alas, eventually it was time to head out and stop by a local watering hole to please the drinkers. 

Before we ate our faces off. 

Whiskey and Old Style. Pure class. 

 Putting hair on their chest. Manly man style.

Our fantastic hosts! 

Love this girl.

Saturday brought on a new form of relaxation in the form of marketing and laying out by a local resort pool. I didn't document any of our time at the pool. I think I scared enough people sunning around me with my lovely lady bump. However, the market we visited is fantastic. Kendra and Marcus live in a dream neighborhood. There are so many local spots within walking/biking distance to visit. My favorite is the local french market. They have lots of stands with fresh, handmade sandwiches, tacos, cheese, bread, pizza, omelets, even paella. I ended up with a panini, fresh oj and handmade tortilla chips. Mmm....

Heaven.

Saturday night led us to a local Mexican food joint that Marcus highly recommended. I have to say, these two know their food. This place was in the middle of nowhere and unbelievably amazing. Adam got pulled beef tacos that were demolished in about 2.4 seconds. I guess they were good. 

I ended up with shrimp tacos which were also amazing. This was the first time I learned that I can no longer inhale my food and that I need to stop when I begin feeling full. The food was just so good I couldn't stop eating! Unfortunately, my gluttonous dinner led to a night filled with awful heartburn and horrible burps. I'm pretty sure my belly grew three inches that night and I can't say it was thanks to my little lady. 

 Second time in a row we ended up with matching tops. Great minds think alike!

Bubs.

Sunday brought the favorite event of the weekend, Bars on Bikes. This consists of bopping around the local pubs/restaurants near their house on beach cruiser bikes. Its a great way to exercise and travel safely when drinking all at once! Except this was obviously a water crawl for me. I have to say, it was still a great time. Instead of drinking, I ate, nibbling my way through each establishment. Are you noticing a theme from this trip yet?
Cruisin'

We capped off this exhilarating day with a home cooked grill-out thanks to Marcus and then a little fire. The daytime weather was amazing and the nights were just cool enough to have a campfire and warm your tootsies. 

 Zoning out by the fire. 

The last day was just Adam and I. We spent as much time as we could soaking in the rays of the warm Arizona desert on bikes. We stopped in at this cute little coffee shop and had some iced chai tea. It was so lovely. 

Oh, hey. Nevermind the legs eating the tank top.

We then headed off to try a dessert that Marcus had highly recommended at another place. Once again, he did not disappoint. It was heaven on a plate. 

Creme fresche and caramel. 

Last stop was back to Kendra and Marcus's to lay out one last time and get sweaty. The heat felt so good! I cannot wait for spring and summer to finally creep its way into the midwest....whenever that will be. For now, a brief break from the cold, gray days of winter was just what the doctor ordered. I'm so grateful for the time spent with friends and the relaxation this trip allowed. Mama Kelly is well-rested and ready for the rest of spring break!
Photo editing apps were made for pregnant ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis