Monday, April 1, 2013

Final Stretch...already!?

My little nugget inside me is now the size of an eggplant. An eggplant! So big! It's crazy how fast time is flying. This weekend, I had the pleasure of peeking into a crystal ball and seeing my future. Actually, I got to see my good friend Laura. But a perk of seeing her right now is getting to see what lies ahead of me in the next four weeks. 

Last time I saw her, I learned I had adorable baby kicks in my future, along with the cutest baby belly.
At the time I was so jealous of her baby bump. This time when I saw Laura, her news wasn't as great. At 7 months, her belly bump is still absolutely adorable. But as she's getting bigger, the pain is setting in and so is the uncomfortableness. As she put it, she's getting to the point of no return....where being comfortable is a rare luxury that is all but disappearing. 

Boo. 

I have to say, if being pregnant consisted of stopping where I'm at right now, I'd happily be pregnant over and over again. This is most definitely the "honeymoon" period so many prior preggo's talk about. I've got my little lady bump, my maternity clothes fit perfectly, my angel moves wildly about inside me, and I'm feeling overall just fab. But this is also the point where I'm sure women who have been pregnant before are laughing at my naivety, thinking, just you wait, you naive little one. Just you wait. While my pregnancy has been quite easy so far, there's always "more" looming ahead. More weight, more back pain, more boobs, more sleep issues, more, more, more. 

Whatever lies ahead, I'm ready. I think. 

Actually, I'm not. Let's be honest. I'm a total baby and any changes freak me out. I'm already having moments of "ohmygosh I can barely get myself up from the couch" and every time it happens I want to cry and do nothing but stay laying there on the couch. So prepare yourselves. If the crystal ball rings true for me, there's going to be plenty of whining ahead in the coming months. 

On another note, I  found out at the doctors last week I have just entered the THIRD TRIMESTER. I don't know where the time as gone! I feel like I'm going to blink and then suddenly I will be in labor, pushing out a baby. I just haven't wrapped my mind around all that yet. I guess it helps to have the first trimester fly by as you're traipsing all over town like a newly married drunken lunatic, only to find out at 8 weeks that "What the...! There's a human inside me!" Not that I condone such a thing. But whatever, to each's own, right?

So here I am, entering the final stage. The Final Countdown is playing in my head right now. May have to add that to the Labor and Delivery playlist.

Just for giggles, when I discovered I was wearing the same shirt for the picture I wore a few weeks ago, I thought I'd put them side by side to show the explosive growth that has happened in the last 8 weeks. Hello, basketball that is quickly preventing me from bending over properly.

Week 25 (& 18):
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis