Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nice lil' Saturday

After a relaxing evening at home Friday night, I awoke Saturday morning ready to Bob Vila my way through Saturday. By 7 am, I had the toolbox out, my measuring tape in hand, and measurements written down for the addition of shelving in our kitchen island I was going to install. Why, you might ask? I don't know why. I wanted a project to entertain me. And I can't sit still. It's that incessantly annoying quality of mine, thanks to ADD.

I woke up thinking about my brilliant idea out of the blue and was determined my day would be filled with woodworking projects all before the sun was even up. This project was to help with storage issues we're having in our kitchen. Or should I say, my storage issues. I've been told some of my favorite kitchen appliances that I never use use all the time have to go in storage until we move to a bigger place.

Then my husband woke up. And I made that fatal mistake of throwing my usual sentence out, "So, I was thinking..." before he'd had his coffee. He knows those sentences always end in something I'm going to ask him to do, he's going to have to shell money out for, or put up with having our house turned upside down for.

My brilliant idea was immediately shot down. He made the point that our little darling will be crawling and climbing up everything before we know it. And that having my kitchen items out in the open right in her reach isn't safe. Hmph. I hate when he thinks things through. Can't he just be impulsive and let me be the toolman I know I was born to be!?!

To satisfy my crafty cravings, we instead went to Home Depot to not pick up wood for shelves like I had wanted, but to pick up paint. The paint will be used for revamping the dresser I picked up a while ago in Wisconsin for the nursery. By that point I was on a roll, so I somehow convinced him to also head over to World Market so we could also pick out drawer knobs for the dresser too.
How precious is this for a drawer pull? 

To round the day off, my beloved husband even drove me to my favorite ice cream shop to satisfy an out of the blue craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream. It may or may not have been part of his quest to continue distracting me from my brilliant idea of adding shelves to the kitchen island. While my day didn't end up with me knee deep in sawdust like I had hoped, I'm so excited about the color we picked for the dresser that I've almost forgotten about the kitchen island makeover. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis