Saturday, April 6, 2013

party time?

I have a bit of a problem.

Living inside my belly at the moment appears to be a night owl dancing queen. I'm quite positive her moves could give Kirstie Alley a run for her money on DWTS. Her "dance routine" or whatever it is she does, tends to hit its highest levels around midnight. I'm not sure how my little lady does some of the moves she does, but its like a late night dance club inside my body!

She kicks, rolls, twists, jumps, high kicks, flips. Whatever it is six-month-old fetuses are able to do- she does it and more. I swear. This leads to me waking up or being kept up. Sometimes I'm kept up out of amazement she just did such a thing and sometimes out of that, oh I don't know, fantastic feeling of someone beating a drum and kicking you from the inside out.

Then comes the wee morning hours. I'm pretty sure she calms down between 1-4:30am. Catches up on some shut eye and kicks back to enjoy the comfy life she's currently living. She really has no clue how easy she's got it right now. Mom keeps her belly full with lots of ice cream, chocolate, pickles, and bananas. It's always warm in there and she's got the run of the place as she is quickly pushing all of my major organs out of the way to make more room. What a life!

Then, come the early morning, its party time again! Woooo!! (Cue techno music, lasers, fog). Between 5-6:30am, more moves come out. I'm not sure how some of them are even possible. Maybe there's a future contortionist inside me? This morning, I swear, she was doing the worm from one side of her apartment to the other. Her feet were kicking out one side and her arms fist pumping out the other.

While it honestly makes me laugh most of the time, it also makes me want to cry. When she's born, is she going to continue this wild, fast-paced, dancing queen lifestyle? Is she going to run us ragged throughout the night refusing to sleep in the middle of the night?

Who knows. But the the only way I'll truly appreciate it is if she shows me the same moves outside my belly. I want to be the first with a newborn who does the worm. Or, lets be honest, I'd prefer to just be reassured her dance moves are much better than mine, right from birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis