Sunday, April 14, 2013

Music to her Ears

Our little girl can now hear a lot of what is around her, including our voices. This has made her daddy especially excited when he talks to her in my belly and she kicks back.

If you read, party time? then you know that I have a little dancer living inside me. I know, I realize she's no different than any other baby in the womb, I just like to imagine my child as a wild dancing queen with terrible dance moves. I may have issues, but thats besides the point. Anyways, in the last week she's gotten stronger every day. This also means her kicks have begun packing a punch. In addition, I can now feel her little body squirming its way around her apartment. It is truly the strangest, yet coolest feeling. 

So strong are her moves sometimes that we're starting to see them from the outside. Yesterday, while watching Notting Hill, she was having a blast in there. I was finally able to catch some of her movement on video. (She has a knack for stopping any time theres a camera or hand on her belly). 


The TV was pretty loud (I'm deaf) so I thought maybe it had something to do with the music. Last week I was driving out the the suburbs, blaring the radio and testing out my American Idol voice, when a techno song came on. Immediately, our wild child started kicking like crazy in my belly. 

To test her tastes in music last night, Adam and I played a few different tunes. I know some people like to play only classical music to make sure their child is smart. But I, for one, want to make sure our child is awesome. So we started with the song "Ain't No Sunshine", which was playing when I caught her moving in the video. I would love it if she were into the old stuff. But, no movement. Then we played some Bob Marley. Maybe she's the type to be chill, laid back, and all "heeeeey everybody". Nope. No movement. Then, we put on the techno song "Heaven Has a Plan for You". Its all over the radio right now and I'm pretty sure that's the song that was playing in the car last Sunday. 

What do you know, she went crazy kicking. Both of us looked at each other in fear. What are we in for!?!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she's moving out of frustration? "turn that cr*p off!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously awesome!!! What a cool moment to catch on video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha could be, Lauren! Such torture! And yes, VV I'm so excited I finally tricked her into getting it on video. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis