Monday, April 29, 2013

The Thing About Carrots...

So, I have a major pregnancy symptom! Or something like that. And it involves of all things, carrots.

I only realized it today, when it happened for a second time. The first time, I just thought something was off that day.

At lunch, I brought some carrot sticks to eat with my meal. I love carrots. They're one of my favorite veggies to snack on. I had eaten one or two sticks when all the sudden I began to have terrible heartburn. It was heartburn that was so bad that I could barely breathe.

I stood up to try to let it go down the hatch, only it just sat there in my throat. And the burn got worse with every swallow. Then I realized I was going to throw up...just like last time. So I ran to the bathroom and did just that. And only the carrots came up.

Weird, isn't it? This happened a few weeks ago as well, but it was long enough ago for me to have forgotten about it. I also thought for sure that time it was a fluke incident. I mean, carrots? Of all things?? But now that it's happened twice, there must be something about carrots that I cannot digest them right now.

Just wanted to share this random pregnancy side effect that has me all confused. Pregnancy is such a weird state to be in. So for now, I guess no more carrots. Hope my vision doesn't get worse....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis