Monday, June 10, 2013

Burning up from the inside out

Today, I took my last personal day of the school year. Of course it won't be just a "relaxing" day as I have doctors appointments to attend and errands to run. But at this moment, I could not be more grateful to have had a day off.

Last night, I surprised hubby with a little date night. He's been working a ton so I made reservations at a restaurant by our house we haven't eaten at and when he got home we wandered on over there. The food was quite tasty. Both of us had the burger which had been recommended by a lot of people on good ole Yelp. I even had a fantastic "pho-jito". I seriously love it when restaurants list and price NA drinks.
I don't know which one looks better...my handsome husband or the delicious drink.

I had half of the burger, some fries, and dessert. I was full, though not stuffed beyond belief. But shortly after dinner, trouble started. I couldn't stop burping and was beginning to feel the effects of heartburn coming on right as I was going to bed. So I took 3 Tums...just to be safe and fell asleep.

Then I woke up at 2am....dying inside. I have never had such bad heartburn. Flames were shooting up my throat...I'm not kidding. I ate 2 more Tums and then spent the next two hours tossing and turning trying to find a position that would stop the incessant fire breathing dragon from shooting flames out of my throat. If you can imagine burning liquid coming up your throat over and over again, you might begin to scrape the surface of the pain I was feeling. (I know, I'm dramatic....but again... I'm not kidding). Let me mention on top of that how difficult it is to find a comfortable position "normally" with a 10 pound sack of weight in front of you that hiccups, kicks, and punches throughout the night.

It was then that I remembered a co-worker saying she would have to sleep sitting up sometimes when her heartburn was too bad. So at 4am, out of desperation, I made the move to Adly's rocker/recliner. At that point, my husband also woke up moaning and groaning from my movement waking him up and excruciating heartburn. He chugged some water, munched on some Tum's, and we laughed at the current predicament we were both in. Then he stumbled back off to sleepyland.

Must be nice. 

I've never truly experienced heartburn until late in pregnancy. And what happened last night was beyond hellish. Needless to say, sitting up didn't work for me so around 5am I gave up and went back to bed next to my snoring husband. I then awoke at 7:30am for good, still feeling the burn. If anything, I am SO happy I do not have to go to work today as I am definitely running on one cylinder. On top of that, I vow...no more burgers and definitely waaaaay less greasy food. I don't ever want to feel that bad of a burn again!

Alright, all you non-preggos...who wants to get knocked up and join in the fun!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis