Sunday, June 2, 2013

B.B.S.

Last night we had our last and final baby shower with my beyond amazing co-workers. It cannot go unsaid that in the dramatic, sometimes troubling, and uncertain world we work in, I am so blessed to work with such amazing people. Even better, their spouses are just as amazing so I can safely say that "we" truly enjoy each and every one of them.

Tina hosted the shower at her house along with Kari, Melissa, and Eileen. Our work baby showers are unlike ordinary baby showers. They take place in the evenings, are adult only, and tend to get a little wild. It certainly is a way for everyone to let loose...that is, except the baby mama. But that was fine by me. I had an awesome time eating everything in sight, playing the games, and just catching up with people I can't on a daily basis.

Let me start with this beauty, made by Melissa. Apparently it took a few hours to get it just right. I personally think the finishing touch had to have been the pacifier. It was so amazing that no one touched it for the first few hours.


They had a game called "Guess the Price is Right" where people had to guess how much each baby item cost. I was shocked by diaper prices. Costco here we come! They also had an activity where people could design a onesie for Adly. This turned out so cute. We now have tons of onesies in different sizes, designed by each of my loving coworkers. Here are some of the finished pieces:




Then there was the food. Of course, this was my favorite part of the evening. When asked by Kari earlier in the week, "What's your favorite appetizer?" she was shocked (and possibly appalled) to discover it is spinach dip in a bread bowl. Why you might ask? I don't know. It started off years ago as it was the easiest thing for me to bring to parties. So I always would. Then one time I bought it for myself as a "treat". And I ate the whole damn package of spin dip in a matter of hours. Sadly, I can't blame that binge on pregnancy. That was when I decided that spinach dip in a bread bowl would be my party treat. Perhaps then, no one would notice me hovering over the bread bowl scarfing down ridiculous amounts of the heavenly goodness. 

Anyways, that was definitely there so of course I was in heaven. But the desserts. O.M.G. I'm not going to outright admit how much of the desserts I ate, but I will say they were all amazing. These ladies know the way to my heart. 


And for the final personal touch, there were even little gift baggies filled with jelly beans and Sour Patch Kids. Am I lucky or what? So lucky, in fact, that I'm munching on one of the bags of SPK I pilfered into my purse last night. THANKS AGAIN!


Once again, it was an incredibly beautiful reminder of just how many amazing people we have surrounding us during this life changing event. (You know, the second one in a year). I have no doubt that we have all the support we'll ever need and that Adly is going to be one spoiled rotten little girl. Now if only she would hurry up and get here to enjoy all her goodies!

Thank you, ladies!! Love you all. 



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Way to rock out those heels, Kell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let me fool you...those are not heels ;). I was about to risk it...it was big enough to be without my knee brace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis