Friday, June 21, 2013

Stranded.

For months now, I've planned to head back to MI for my childhood bestie's baby shower this weekend. Kendra is in town for a week and how fun is it that after years of being partners in crime, we are both pregnant together!? On top of that, there was a wedding shower and a cousins graduation party I also planned to attend. It was going to be my last un-mommy adventure where I got to squeeze in extra time with so many loved ones. I'd been looking forward to the trip for a looooong time.

Then I mentioned my impending trip to a few co-workers. Two of whom have had babies themselves. What I got was a look of pure shock and insistent recommendations that I not drive that far by myself and that I was crazy to even consider such a thing. All I could think was, "What's the big deal? She's still got at least 3.5 weeks to cook!" Because, remember. I've told her she's not to come until the end of July.

Mind you, this was also after my husband had mentioned he wasn't keen on it earlier in the week...but honestly what does he know? And my mother in law and my dad mentioned concern the night before....but no one is going to tell me what to do.

So after work on Thursday, I had begun to get a little nervous after countless people had expressed their concern. Although I was still convinced my doctor would just chuckle about how nervous people get and tell me of course I can go home! So I called the nurse at the office and spoke with her for a while. She actually laughed when I told her my plans. Hmph. She then proceeded to tell me she wasn't sure the doctor would allow it, but she'd ask anyways. The plan was for her to call me Friday morning, as my doctor was behind on appointments and very busy. She would leave me a voicemail with the doctors orders, either way since I'd be at school. I told her I respected their opinion and would follow whatever they said. Of course I was going to be able to go. I mean, I'm NOT THAT FAR ALONG.

Well, I got a phone call....15 minutes later. Guess the doctor wasn't too busy to tend to my idiotic life decisions. And in that phone call, I was adamantly told not to leave for the weekend. I tell you what, I don't love being told what to do. Especially when I have my heart set on something. But, after being told by countless people, I guess I got it through my thick head. Little miss Adly could make her entrance into this world at any time. For once, I am not the one in control.

But seriously, let's be honest. She won't come this weekend. She'll come when she damn well feels like it....she is my daughter. And that entrance will come at a time when I am on the brink of insanity and most ready to just pull her out myself.

On a final note of my stupidity, I also went out and ate fried food to celebrate my friend Katie's birthday last night. Well, that sure backfired yet again. So here I am, blogging at 3am thanks to the heartburn and acid reflux that keeps threatening a puke n' rally sesh. I have to note that I am also terrified of throwing up while pregnant. It's like a part of me actually fears she'll come out my throat.

And for that I thank, yet again, Catholic schools, for your phenomenal sex education programming. Twenty years later I've never felt like a bigger dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis