Saturday, June 15, 2013

Little E in the House!

This past Monday, one day after our latest Bellies Who Brunch meeting, my preggo partner in crime Laura went into labor. Adam and I had actually invited her and her husband Zach to a Cubs game that night. They couldn't make it...not because she might've given birth (her due date was June 11)... but because Zach had to take a grad school exam.

Thank goodness they declined! Around 4pm, Laura was admitted to the hospital. At 11:11pm, she gave birth to their son, Elliot. Laura had been updating me randomly before the going got tough Monday night, so I spent that evening tossing and turning in excitement for them. Tuesday morning I got the text that he had arrived...the night prior! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that she had an "easy" labor.

When I found out he had arrived safely Tuesday morning, I couldn't stop crying. Not only was I beyond excited for them, it was definitely the first time reality hit me. This thing, this pregnancy thing thats happening has an outcome. And she's done! And I'm next. O.M.G.

Today, Nicole and I barged our way over to their house to meet the little guy. Before heading over, Nicole mentioned maybe we should get a stuffed animal for him- something cute. Pssshhhh. I'm sorry, but after 10 months of not drinking, what I will want is a big ass bottle of wine. These babies get loaded up with endless amounts of goodies that will be used once, if at all. So with that, we changed gears and picked up a nice bottle of champagne (for the first time they get alone time) and some flowers.

We walked in right as Zach was cleaning up what he called a "diaper changing crisis". Little Elliot had waited until the diaper was off to do the #1, all over the changing pad. Let me tell you. If that's the only crisis newborns have, I'm in! He is the calmest, quietest, most happy baby. He happily relaxed in Nicole and I's arms the entire time we were there.

And believe you me, I took the whole time to get Laura to tell me the real lowdown on labor and breastfeeding. She even stocked me up with some extra hospital bed pads in case I ever decide I'm too tired to get up and pee for the 4th time at night. Juuust kidding...in case my water actually breaks on it's own at night. If it happens out in public while I'm standing in line for ice cream, well then that just can't be helped.

I'm so incredibly happy for Laura and Zach and can't wait to join them in the adventures of parenthood in just one month or so. He is an amazing little guy!! Stroller parties, here we come!

This kid keeps up this quiet act, I might have to start calling him Easy E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis