Sunday, June 23, 2013

36 Weeks

Here is life, at 36 weeks pregnant:

-I'm stuck in Chicago. Literally. No more traveling for this baby mama.

-I have been told a few times this week I've "dropped". Although, it definitely doesn't feel like it. I expected to feel some serious relief on my ribcage and lungs. That has not happened.

-My cankles are raging in the heat and my legs feel and look like two stumps. So attractive.

-Adly's foot has been making regular appearances out the sides of my belly. My students have even been able to feel it. That always brings on the reaction of, "I can't believe there's actually something in there!!"

-Hiccups are annoying. Hiccups in the belly were cute at first, now they're annoying. It's almost like I have them at the same time. If only I could train her to understand, "Stand on your head and drink 7 sips of amniotic fluid! I swear.....it works!!"

-Sleep is still good...except when I eat fried foods. When...when will I ever learn my lesson!?!?!

-She is the size of a watermelon and around 6 pounds. Seriously. There is a watermelon in my belly that has to come out eventually. How on earth...

-I'm starting to feel pain in my "groin" area. That means things are moving! YAY!

-Braxton Hicks have been in full swing this weekend on the tail end of the 36th week. Keep 'em coming, keep 'em coming. All those practice contractions have to mean something.

-This momma's still got it! I got hit on in the car yesterday heading out to the burbs. The guy wanted me to roll down my window. So I did. And pointed to my belly saying, "I'm 9 months pregnant. You want in on this action!?!" I think all he could do was laugh. On a side note, I don't think I've had anyone hoot and holler at me in a car like that since I was in college--so unfortunately, it's not a regular occurrence in my every day life.

36 Weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis