Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Impatience.

I am not a patient person. I don't think many people are these days, based on the instant gratification world we live in.

I like to get and make things happen quickly and when they don't go quickly it is torture to me. I have to say, this part of pregnancy has not been fun for me. It seems like ages ago that it was November and I was in the bathroom screaming swear words because OMG we were pregnant. 

No, we weren't expecting it. Looking back now, I can't imagine how it could have happened any other way. We were more than ready, although we clearly didn't know it at the time. Day by day, we get closer and closer to meeting our baby girl and her arrival cannot get here fast enough.

Now that she's big enough to move around and see her from the outside, I feel like we're already getting to know her. Sometimes I feel her snuggling up to me in a ball and I want nothing more than for her to be in my arms, all curled up. Sometimes she kicks wildly and it makes me laugh, as I picture her to be older and giggling away, kicking as she lays on her back looking up at me. Then other times she delivers a swift blow to my ribs and I want nothing more to have her out and my body back to myself. And then her little head or foot will pop out, almost as if to say, "Heeellloooooo mom! I'm still here! Look at me!!"

We talk to her all the time. It's bizarre, feeling like she's here with us as we lay on the couch at night. I know she can hear us, but she can't see us and we can't see her. I can't wait to meet her in person and get to know what she's really like. To smell her sweet baby smells and feel her soft baby skin.

All of these thoughts almost, almost make my fears of labor disappear. Maybe that's why so many mom's repeat this process over and over again. The reward at the end of the road is far greater than any of the inconveniences, pain, months of waiting, and sometimes suffering we go through to get the little ones here.

Either way, the final countdown has begun.

LESS THAN 4 WEEKS TO DUE DATE.

And this will test my patience far more than the other 9 months have, as I have no way of knowing exactly when and how she'll be here. So until then, I'll keep daydreaming of what she'll be like, in my arms, trying to wash all of life's stresses away with thoughts of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis