Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Time Where I was Nice...

only to make the other person feel bad.

I wasn't going to write about this incident, but after telling a few people, I realized it is quite funny- in a real jerk kind of way.

You see, hormones have sent my typical "Kage Rage" into overdrive at times. Things that normally don't bother me have more recently been sending me over the edge. Therefore, I'm trying my best to stay calm in situations where I could become quickly overheated.

The other day on my way to work, I was stopped at a red light where you could turn right on red. I inched forward to look for oncoming traffic, as there were no pedestrians in sight. Well, my focus was on the traffic, not people as I inched forward again. When I looked up, I saw I had almost tapped a woman crossing the crosswalk.

She was PISSED. Shook her hand at me, waved her bag, yelling at me through closed windows, etc. My blood pressure immediately started rising.

So, what did I do? I rolled down my window, put my hand on my chest,  gave her my most innocent look and said, "I am SO sorry. I didn't even see you. I know it was your right of way. My fault. Have a good day." All said with the most apologetic grin I could muster.

She immediately felt like a jerk and apologized for her attitude saying, "No problem, not a big deal. I'm sorry."

With that, I sped off, feeling quite victorious. Not because I'm nice....but because I made the other person feel like the asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis