Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kapow!

I love my daughter so much and she's not even here yet. One of my most favorite things has been trying to figure out her personality through the womb. While I'm sure she's like every other fetus in many ways, I swear she's got one feisty attitude already. First of all, she's my daughter. How could she not have some feistiness!? Second of all, she's also an offspring of her father. We were definitely not opposites attract in this department. It's a wicked combination.

Today I was at the doctors for my monthly visit...which by the way, go bi-weekly starting now. It's getting closer! Anyways, at this routine visit, they always check her heartbeat. As the doc was lubing up an area of my belly, she was running through her normal checklist of questions on baby's well-being. This time, however, Adly was not about to sit silently through the appointment.

She put the heart sonogram on my belly and starting moving around to find her heartbeat, at which time she got to the question, "and she's moving 3-4 times an hour?"

As if on cue, my little princess channeled her inner Jackie Chan and blasted a kung-fu dropkick right to where the heart sonogram thing was. This created a loud noise on the machine and for it to bounce up off my belly. The doctor actually even jumped back a little, cracking up at the irony.

"Does that answer your question?" was my response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis