Monday, May 27, 2013

Crack Pie

What...you think it's odd to come to a blog about pregnancy and babies and you see a title of a post with the word "crack" in it? Not in my world.

You see, this pie is absolutely like crack. OMG. It is the most amazing thing I've had in the last 8 months. It's every bit as terrible for you as the title eludes. In fact, I've never felt so guilty even just buying the ingredients. It is made of everything you shouldn't be eating. But let me tell you, it is so worth it in the end! It could also be made to be lighter. But I was making it for Emily's Memorial Day weekend BBQ and since I can't drink, this is going to be my guilty pleasure. So for this version, it is 100% fat.

I also have to note that I had this pie for the first time at Laura's house, back when I was around 16 weeks. Laura passed on the recipe to me, but I haven't made it since. I remembered it around Thursday of last week and I am not kidding when I say I've been thinking about and dreaming of it since then. It is a pregnant ladies' heaven. I knew I couldn't be trusted to have so much amazingness sitting in my freezer for more than a day as it would have magically disappeared. Right into my belly.

So my friends, here it is! I even took some pictures along the way to test out my foodie pic taking abilities. I'm still an amateur. Also, as a note, I made mine in a baking pan. The original recipe is designed to be made into 2 pies. Here we go.

Ingredients:
-2 packaged Oreo pie crusts. (I couldn't find these, so I bought Oreos and put them in the food processor. Even fatter=even better).
-1 8oz package of cream cheese
-1-1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
-1 cup of peanut butter
-1 cup of milk
-1 16oz package of cool whip (unthawed)

If you didn't buy the prepackaged crusts, process a handful of Oreos until crumb consistency. Pour the crumbs into the pan of your choosing and pack down. Or just pull out your pre-made crusts.


In a mixer, combine the powdered sugar and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. 

Next, pour in milk and peanut butter. It will be runny at first. Mix until combined and smooth. 

Then gently fold in the whipped cream into the mixture until combined. You don't have to use the whole tub if you don't want to. I did. 

Meanwhile, in your food processor, chop a handful of Reese's peanut butter cups. I chose to use the dark chocolate ones. Because they're healthier. Riiiiiight. 

Pour the mixture from your mixing bowl over the crust. Smooth over with a spatula. Then top with chopped Reese's and drizzle with fudge. Cover and place in freezer overnight. 



There you have it, crack in a pan! Enjoy every last sinful bite. I promise, you won't regret it. 

Finally, a HUGE thank you to all of the men and women who have fought for our country, especially my brother, Christopher Johnson. Without your sacrifices, we would not be able to live freely as we do. I love you, brother and am so very proud of you!!

1 comment:

  1. It was delish! I'm proud to say, I think I ate about 1/4 of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis