Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Swell and the not so Swell

In the latest turn of events in this saga known as pregnancy, my feet have begun their descent into swollen territory.

I only noticed for the first time the other day when I took off my socks...yes, we are still needing socks in the end of May. Once they unveiled my beautiful ankles and toes, I realized that my ankle bones had almost disappeared. Normally, they protrude out on both sides of my feet. This particular evening, my right foot had no ankle bones and the left had a small bit of it sticking out. At this point in pregnancy, your blood volume goes way up, helping the swelling along. The heat also doesn't help. So to that I say, Helllooooooo Cankles! Nice to meet you!


Just when I was about to get frustrated by the addition of the swelling as a symptom, my little darling went ahead woke me up this morning from my slumber with a good head to toe stretch and then a swift kick to the ribs. You wanna know what that feels like? A fat snake unraveling lengthwise in your stomach and then a kung fu ninja taking his anger out on the bottom part of your rib cage. Believe it or not, this I will actually miss greatly. I can't believe I'm already getting wishy-washy about not being pregnant. Damn you, hormones!

Speaking of movement, I just found a video on my phone from early last week I forgot I took. When I went to bed Tuesday night, I was reading on my phone when Adly stuck either her head or her rear out in my belly. To the point where I could grab hold of it. I quickly switched to video and was able to catch some of her movement on video. These days, she's not as much of a kicker but more of a mover and a shaker. She moves her whole body from side to side or stretches out, or rolls around. It's pretty aggressive and I've tried with all my might to catch it on video to remember this stuff.

Excuse our conversation in the video. Two things. One, Adam is upset because I didn't call him in to feel her head. It happened so fast! Two, I say "like" a lot. Who am I? Alicia Silverstone!? As we're talking though, you can quite clearly see her body on the right side of my belly moving all around and then once I start talking she heads for my belly button.



Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope wherever you are, it is warm out as it most definitely is not here. Therefore, I'm spending the rest of my weekend nesting in the nursery that looks like a bomb went off in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis