Monday, May 20, 2013

Mitten Love

This weekend, I packed up the car and the watermelon I'm front loading and I headed home for America's High Five state. Little Adly needed to get some love from all of her Michigan relatives. I was so excited to go home. I'm very lucky to have an amazing family back there, so I always look forward to the chance to see everyone. I was also excited to introduce them in person to the growth that has happened in the last few months.

Friday night, I spent the night with two sets of aunts and uncles and my friend, Abby. It was so good to catch up with all of them. Our entire night was spent laughing and telling stories. Some of the best stories I heard were when my aunts talked about their labor experiences. I love hearing other peoples' labor stories.

Saturday was the day of Adly's baby shower #2. She is already beyond spoiled rotten. Once again, I was completely blown away by the sheer number of people who were able to make it. Family and friends I haven't seen in too long came and it was so fun to catch up with all of them. We also had some cutie patootie little ones there for me to play with, including my cousins' one week old. Let me tell you, that was a shock to the senses. Definitely the closest I've come to a real live newborn in forever. They are so tiny!

Here are some pics, with love from the Mitten.

 Dad, "How do I work this fancy camera?!"

 Live from Grand Rapids, the Austins!

 Giving a side view for measuring the belly. 

 Guests gathering. 

 Look at this little angel. Sound asleep. 

 So many beautiful gifts!

 Grandma holding her latest addition to the grandkids, Kinsleigh. 

 Heeeey! Some creep. 

 Sissies!

 Hostess with the mostess, Anita. 

 Trying to be sexy. As you can see, I really know how to pull it off. 


 Mom and sister. 

A HUGE thank you to everyone for coming. It truly means the world to all of us. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis