Monday, February 18, 2013

A Night on the Town

Last night, my sister in law, Nora came down to visit A and I for the evening. She brought with her the cutest little birth bracelet as a gift to Baby B and I. Love!
 It has a footprint and says "Due in July".

Cousin Emily got wind that Nora was in town and wanted her hair trimmed so she came over to take advantage of Nora's visit and then decided to join us for dinner out. After having some cocktails at our place, we ventured out into the cold to a restaurant A had made reservations at. Fail. Major fail. We walked in and the whole place was empty except maybe 10 others. We sat down and then quickly agreed we needed to bolt. Instead, we walked down a block and went to another place which ended up hitting the spot.

A, Nora and I had been here before, but it had been about a year. Nora love mussels as much as I do so I was excited to have her there to split an order with. The place stepped up an even higher notch when I discovered they make something called a "mommy-tini". So while everyone else indulged in their wine and beer, I got to sip on my mommy-tini. Yum!

To be honest, I'm starting to realize the smart restaurants have already created a mommy friendly drink. They mix fruity juices into some sort of sweet sounding concoction, give it a cool name such as "mommy-tini" or "mommy juice", and then charge $4-$5 for the drink when I otherwise would've just stuck to water. Even so, I'm definitely sold on the appeal of having even a fake drink to sip on when I'm out and about.

 Babes and I out on the town. 

Em and Nora, our lovely dates. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis